Monday, June 4, 2007

Monopoly!

I just got home and it is 10:30. I came in tired and sad and read Mandy's comment. It instantly brought a smile to my face. I will bring Monopoly up to the hospital and have some fun. Her comment made me think that there is a silver lining to all of this. Quality time with my husband. I've been working evenings for the last year and between work and the kids we don't get as much time together as we would both like. Now each day we get several hours with just the two of us. Thank you Mandy for reminding me of such good times and making me see the bright side of this situation.

Well we got the results of the CT scan. As far as the belly and abscess things are looking fine. The abscess has decreased in size and they don't see any other problems. His white blood count is still in the normal range as well. He is still running a fever off and on. Tonight around 8 he felt it coming on and they took his temp. It was 102.2. Thirty minutes later it was 102.8. The doctors don't seem that concerned with the fever issue. They say that he is on the best antibiotics around and they will begin to help whatever infection his body is trying to fight off. So for now we are just staying the course! For those of you that have asked about visiting-he is up for it again. He just had a few rough days. The visits are wonderful for him especially when I can't be there. It takes his mind off of things and gives him comfort.

Next Tuesday, June 10th, will be our 12 year wedding anniversary. I really hope he is home by then.

2 comments:

Ross said...

Hang in there Danny! A word to the wise - from what I remember, you shouldn't let Kelley be the banker when you play Monopoly...

mandy said...

i am so glad you were encouraged, sweet friend!