Saturday, June 9, 2007

He's still improving

It is day 26 of his hospitalization. Today was better. His WBC is up to 2.8. He'll be off of isolation tomorrow. He can have visitors again, but no sick people and no children. If you do visit please be sure to wash your hands well upon entering his room.

He met with physical therapy today and started walking again. He walked twice and did some exercises in his room. His spirits are getting better and he understands it is now up to him to get better. He won't improve by just lying in bed. He has to push himself to move around and eat as much as possible. The drain is starting to drain less so I'm hoping they will do a CT scan early next week and remove the drain. If that happens he should be home sometime next week.

I'm hoping I'll get to see him tomorrow. I left around 3 today because I'm starting to feel bad. I've got a sore throat and stuffy nose. Hopefully an allergy pill will knock out whatever it is that I'm feeling.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help, support, and prayers. Hopefully this nightmare will soon be over.

No comments: