Sunday, July 8, 2007

For my Birthday

Tomorrow is my 32nd birthday. It is also the last day of my IV medication. I get to have my PICC line out for my birthday. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I am really excited to get rid of this thing. Tomorrow is also the one week anniversary of my return home. I have done everything possible to get back into a normal (or at least my old) routine. Church today was wonderful... not only was there another great message, but so many wonderful people made me feel blessed by just being happy that I was there.

For an update on my condition I want to let everyone know that with the exception of a little bit of fatigue I feel great. I have increased that amount of exercise and activity each day that I have been home and I feel that I am getting stronger daily. I still have some trouble standing for long periods of time and the first few steps after I have sat for a while are sometimes challenging. Other than that I feel as healthy as I ever have. I am pushing myself, but not too hard. I am letting my body dictate how much I do on a daily basis, which seems to more than I expected.

Once again, I must thank everyone that has supported my family and I through this process. On my last blog I forgot to thank my colleagues at Tomball High School that stepped up for me in a big way at the end of the school year. I also want to thank my team and department for sending all of the cards, emails, and gifts. Most of all I would like to thank them for the many visits. I know I blogged it before, but those things meant the world to me.

On my last blog I tried very hard to refrain from mentioning people by name because I knew that I would forget someone. I can no longer deny credit where it is due. I must mention just a few names of people that supported my family in such a way that we could never properly thank them. Before I do please know that everyone involved in my life through this ordeal from long time friends and family to church family, to work friends, to my neighbors had a HUGE impact on me and my family no matter how big or small their contribution was. I will never be able to properly thank everyone, but I am going to attempt it.

With all of that being said I need to thank Cathy Bellon (my team leader at Tomball) who took over my end of year grades, which is a giant task. Many of my colleagues administered final exams and stepped up for me and I want to thank all of you. Besides my Mom and my Mother-in-law there were two other people that dropped whatever they were doing and came to Kelley's aid as far as watching our girls or just being there for Kelley. Thank you Jennifer and Larry Spell for always being there. We always introduce you as our friends, but we consider you family. I also would like to thank Jo Ann Johnson for never being more than a phone call away and doing whatever needed to be done. Jo Ann came to watch the girls, took them to fun places, and stayed with Kelley (along with Jennifer and Arlin) throughout my six hour surgery. To the names I have mentioned and to all the other people that cared so much I want to once again thank you for making me a blessed man.

No comments: