Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Please pray for our friends

I decided to finally log on again and blog about Danny's upcoming surgery when I realized some friends of ours were facing serious medical issues. Ross and Mandy (see Mandy's blog on the links) had a new baby last week and since Ramey's birth both mom and baby have faced many serious medical issues. Mom and baby are both in an ICU setting in 2 different hospitals as of Monday. Please pray for this sweet family. Please pray for strength and healing for Mandy and baby Ramey. Please keep Ross and their other 3 children (Henry, Daphne, and Anna) in your prayers as well.


Danny is going in for surgery on Thursday, June 19th to reverse his colostomy. I mention the date because in many states this is known as "Juneteenth" which is also known as Freedom Day (you can google this to find out more info). So Danny has been joking that this will be his own personal holiday since he will receive freedom from the "bag".


Danny is thrilled to be having surgery, however I am very nervous. He has lived a wonderful life for the past year with his colostomy. It has not stopped him from doing one thing this past year including golfing, swimming, and travelling. So I am worried that we are taking an unnecessary risk. I completely understand why he wants it done of course. All I can do is pray, put it in God's hands and know in my heart that God is good.


I will keep everyone posted on here.


So the girls are doing great. We all survived my first year back at work. Daley just wrapped up Kindergarten and her first session of horseback riding lessons.


Daley has loved horses since she was about 18 months old and the feeling never faded. She's now taking lessons which has only fueled her love for horses. Guess we better start saving our money!


Laura is doing great. She will be 3 at the end of July. She did very well this year in day care and now that she is home for the summer she misses her school. Both girls are now is swim lessons and doing great with that. Laura is the reason we started lessons. She has absolutely no fear of the water and insists that she can swim on her own. Obviously she can't and simply sinks so we knew it was time for lessons. She's also completely potty trained now and is as smart as her sister!


I'm hanging in there as well. I taught business electives last year at a middle school in Humble. Then for many reasons, including the economy and fear of possibly losing my elective position if districts started cutting back, I decided to take another teaching test. I took the Generalist 4-8 certification test that would allow me to teach English, Math, Social Studies, or Science. After 4 weeks of studying I took the 5 hour test and actually passed! My current principal offered me an 8th grade math position and I took it. I've always wanted to teach math and am very excited!


Again, please keep our family and the Newman family in your prayers and I will keep everyone posted.

No comments: