Friday, June 20, 2008

It's Me This Time

Hello everyone... I thought that I should blog a little since I am feeling very well. This hospital stay compared to the last one is a breeze. I have absolutely no symptoms (except for the pain coming from the large vertical incision in my stomach. I am having a little trouble typing because I have not regained the feeling in my fingers on my right hand. For about 12 hours after surgery I was in a tremendous amount of pain... I kept asking for pain medication and they pretty much kept giving it to me through my IV in my right hand. Finally I was saved by a wonderful nurse who saw that my right hand was extremely swollen (the drugs were not going into my bloodstream, but staying in my hand... My hand was feeling just fine). Once the IV was moved and the pain began to recede everything started to get better. I still don't have full feeling in my fingers on my right hand, but I can assure you that it doesn't hurt.

I'm speeding up my recovery by moving as much as I can. I've walked four times today and am currently sitting up in a chair. I've been on ice chips since the surgery and probably will remain on them tomorrow. It will be slow, but I'm confident it will be much better than last time!

Everything is going well and I am looking forward to getting home and reclaiming my throne! I love all of you guys and thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Danny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelley & Danny, Great to hear about Danny. We'll continue to check the blog. Sorry about the pain but they got that fixed. Really need him back and playing poker. Continued God's healing blessings. Everyone is thinking about you guys.

Best, Charlie Adams

Anonymous said...

Danny - Great to hear that you're on the mend and have the IV problem resolved. The best is yet to come.
God (continue to) Bless,