Sunday, October 21, 2007

My sweet Daley

Tonight Daley and I read a book called "The Crippled Lamb" by Max Lucado. It was given to us by Jennifer about a year ago with a ton of other books. We never got around to reading it. Today as we were going through our books to gather some for a drive at Daley's school I noticed this book. Danny has a daily inspirational book by the same author given to him by JoAnn. So I decided this would be our nighttime book this evening. Half way through the book my sweet baby girl was crying telling me that she was so sad for the lamb. As we got toward the end I was crying as well. As we found out that the lamb was sharing the stable with baby Jesus we were both crying tears of joy. It was an amazing moment for my daughter and I. I was truly overwhelmed by her compassion.


Moving on because I'm crying again. We had a wonderful weekend. Here are some pictures from our fun filled weekend. We went to the zoo, rode the train, rode paddle boats, and played around outside.
This is on the paddle boat. Laura has bread in her hands to feed the ducks, but I guess she got a little hungry.
Me and the girls at the zoo.
Time to paint pumpkins!!

2 comments:

mandy said...

love your pics with the girls. they are growing up so fast!
i hadn't thought to paint our pumpkins...i think we will have to do that too. great idea!

Anonymous said...

Great work.